Wednesday, August 2, 2006

New Beginnings

Sad, emotional, overwrought with fear, intense sobbing all created my day today. Sending your first and only child to kindergarten......He tells me about how "so and so" was bad and they got sent to time out because they did not have any more stars....I begin to ponder home schooling for all the kindergarten......Somehow I think sometimes, there must be a better way? No child should be labeled as bad, this early on in school? Should they? Is that the only way to keep children under control? I wonder? I am saddened. Zaid appears to love kindergarten, would he still love it even if he were bad ?
I never want his sense of wonder to leave him. Everyone keeps telling me that this is the year that children grow up? He is five. I do not want hims to grow up in ten months. I always want him to be innocent.

I was informed that I could not walk with him into the school anymore....I know he is not scared at all, he practically ran to his class this morning, but that does not mean I am not scare. I AM very scared of him not needing me anymore.
*pondering the second day of kindergarten*

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Oh Jen! It does get better... you will get back to doing things you loved before he was born...who you were before you were mommy... and you and Tamer will have time to just be with each other and we (me and you) will get together for walking or trips to Walmart or BG or whatever...you willl see that it does get better...BUT it is really hard to first week or 2. I think that you are an AWSOME mommy and what you are going through is normal! I wish that I was 1/4 of the mommy that you are! I am always here if you need me!