Monday, November 28, 2005

Early Risers


Today I awoke early, working around the house, with my thoughts, prayers, and dreams, appreciating the mounting storm. It felt so good to get so much accomplished in only a couple of hours. I felt so much better today nice, all of those words that only mean your soul feels good. I made breakfast for my sweetie pie, Zaid, he complained a lot, but I did not loose it today. I kept things in perspective. I realize I am the adult here, he does not know what he can do when he calls my name, while I am in the bathroom, 500 times? Does he? I remember being a child, you do not think much about Mommy and what she is doing right now, only thinking that she was mine and that she would come when I called. We went for ice-cream at an ice-cream store, and I did not think about all the calories I was consuming, I only thought about how nice it was and that I had eaten healthy today so it was okay, I thought about how nice it is to go out with your child and just enjoy simple pleasures, the ice-cream was even FREE!! :) I have been keeping two customer punch coupons for a LONG time, and today we redeemed them. So many times, I thought about getting ice-cream but did not, today we indulged, we went to Kroger, we got Zaid something to drink, and we bought only what I could carry, butter, brown eggs, waffles (Zaid's idea) and grape juice. Our total was low. It was a wonderful day. Now, I am having quiet time for myself, sitting in the massage chair in the sound-proof sun room with a small heater on. I have to have this time, I need to have this time, it is essential for my soul, so why is it so hard to take? Why do I assume I am superwoman and can NEVER stop going? I feel cleansed now, Zaid had a four year old melt down in the post office, yes Zaid I do not like sitting in the post office for thirty minutes either, but sometimes you have to, yes it is not fair, but hitting Mommy is not the way to express your frustrations. So now, I am forgetting the bad and choosing to remember the good, Zaid lost getting his fish for his fish tank for three days. He is incredibly sad. Discipline is hard for parents.

Time for me to find a dinner recipe and get to work.
This was nice to think, to type, to remember the good about my day.

No comments: