Wednesday, November 30, 2005

NPR

Addicting, yes that is word that describes what NPR means to me. I feel this insane desire to finish listening to the end of the story, yesterday I listened to this guy talk about suicide, now sometimes the stories are incredibly boring, and when you finish, you are like, "Why did I just listen to that?" but yesterday, I was intrigued, his good friend had jumped off of the Golden Gate Bridge, I began to wonder about how I would feel if someone that close was suddenly gone at their own will? To actually make that choice. When. How would I feel? Why? I saw someone standing on a bridge near where I take Zaid to preschool at, when I saw him, I thought he needs help, this is a cry for help, for someone to listen to him.
On the program yesterday, there was a survivor of a Golden Gate Bridge jumpoff and he said that the thought that crossed his mind when he jumped, was, "No, I do not want to die." Then he talked about how thankful he was to be alive. He said he no longer ponders suicide. I wonder what people think about on the fall down?

1 comment:

Painting waves in clouds said...

More interesting than NPR - Coast to Coast AM. :)