Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Pioneer Life

In the third grade, our teacher would read to us from the Little House on the Prairie Books, I fell in love with them at once and begged for the set for Christmas. I would buy individual books, thinking I was not going to get the set. I would read them, over and over again. I did get the set for Christmas. When I was 14 or so my Daddy took a detour from our vacation, and we visited Laura Ingalls Wilder's home in Mansfield, Missouri. I took so many pictures.......it intriques me.

I guess that is why now, after watching a couple of the installments of the movies based on books by Janette Oke (while I was at my Mom's house, they had a 5 night of the Love Series), I keep going to the library looking for the movies that I did not get to watch all of the way through.

I wonder what pioneer life would have been like? I like to think that I would have liked it. :-)

I am thankful to my third grade teacher for opening up the door, to a love of books.
At one point, I had read every book inside my house!!! (When I was younger, and had much more time on my hands.)

No comments: