Monday, July 27, 2009

Holiday World











We finally made it to the tourist spot known as HOLIDAY WORLD. We hear those commericals ALL the time.......and guess what????? It lived up to the commericals and its reputation. It was clean, family friendly and fun. 3 outta 3 ain't bad. Zaid rode his first real roller coaster known as the Raven. He did not scream that much at all........I don't think. But what do I know? I kept my eyes TIGHTLY shut and tried not to think about it. The wooden roller coasters were not as bad as those huge Six Flags monstrasties though.......Ashley and I rode one roller coaster that a scream became frozen on my throat ~ I was having a hard time breathing. :-) But it was FUN! They all pulled me on the Pilgrim's Plunge, the world's tallest water slide. Going up was the worst of that one. Zaid had been waiting to ride on that one for awhile. He enjoyed it so much that he wanted to ride it again. All of the rest of us were cold and wet though because the temperatures never rose much out of the 70s. Ashley and I did however join Zaid at the water park portion of Holiday World. Just thinking about it makes me cold now!!!!! Zaid loves those water slides.......we prefered the lazy river ~ we did get on this cool water slide ~ four of you can into a boat and they send you down. Watch out if you are backwards because it is pretty scary then. I didn't believe Ash (her face was white and looked so scared!)~ until it was my turn to be backwards ~ then she got to see my white face! We got on this smallish train ~ the first park ride and it is still in service. All four of us were trying to squish in. My leg was hanging off.....Ash got so tickled....I couldn't stop laughing. I kept trying to find a place to put that one leg.....I picked it up in case the ride took off. Then I finally found a spot amist all the tangle and jangle of legs and feet. It was contorted into this odd position until the end of the ride. I never got to put my heel down.

No comments: