Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mississippi Girls























We've been in Mississippi for awhile now.........visiting family and hanging out. Last weekend ~ my best friend came to visit me. Yay for BFFS! It had been a week so we had a lot to catch up on. :-) She loved the drive to hot and humid northeast Mississippi. She got a kick out of Itawamba County ~ and our own version of Mayberry ~ Smithville or to local folks Smiffle. Too bad she wasn't able to get the souvenior she wanted for her boyfriend ~ an I Dig the Pig! shirt from The Piggly Wiggly. I gave Jan the tour of where I grew up at ~ where I went to school ~ my childhood home and introduced her to my family. We just hung out by the pool and my Mama was so sweet to make dinner for us on Saturday night (Thanks Mom!) ~ I took Janet for a ride around their land ~ it was a pretty lazy weekend. But so much FUN.
I'll never forget meeting up with her at the Home Depot in Tupelo ~ I love Hellos~ not so much on the Good-byes. :-( I miss ya and love ya Jan.! (You are the first person to ever visit my hometown!)

No comments: