Wednesday, January 17, 2007

To see......

As I look back over my blog, I see so many changes in myself, in Zaid, in our family, mostly good changes to our life. Growing, learning, bit by bit, more and more. Everyday, this is our life to learn from each other, to love each other, to go on, to exist in harmony with one another.

Yesterday, I went to guidance with Zaid at his school, (I was not exactly sure what it was, Zaid tells me about it a lot.) He is was teaching them yesterday how do deal with their angry emotion. He gave them situations and they sang a a song, when there is a problem, to look at it as a way to a solution. To not get "angry" with our fists up, but to "take a breath, push it down and count to ten." Then to find a solution to whatever we are having a hard time with. Invaluable lessons for a five year old to learn. Invaluable lessons for me to learn. Invaluable lessons that our society needs to learn.

Most days, I do not want to listen to the news, it is depressing and it makes me sad that this is our world, where killing and violence seems to be the answer to everything, but one day Tamer said for me to come and look what was on the news, this was it http://www.gothamist.com/archives/2007/01/03/details_about_t.php , and I had this overwhelming sense of the good in people. That there is good in everyone, even if we have to push to the end to see the good, it exists. It is out there. Kindness, empathy, compassion, love, patience, self-control....

No comments: