Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to Zaid!



Zaid is now six years old! I know every year I say this, but it is true. I can not believe another year has gone by. Six years ago, I became Zaid's Mommy.



It seems like every year, I get a little more emotional when another year goes by. I found myself sobbing today thinking about how unique and amazing the little bear is. When he was a baby, I called him little bear and baby toots.

I tried to make today so very special, we Zaid woke up, he did not want to get up, he kept saying, let me sleep a little longer, please, and he lay his head back down, even after we told him it was his birthday and how he would get to open his present. *hint, hint, Jennifer, something is wrong here, Zaid loves presents* Finally we lured him out of bed and he opened his present from us, a projector with disks for his room! He was so very excited!! He has been talking for weeks about this projector. Then he opened his present from his Great-Geddo, followed by breakfast that he picked out ~ Strawberry Toaster Strudel and a pear. He did not eat much at all. Getting out the door for school was quite an event, with me eventually paying Zaid to take some cold medicine (so he would not be so sniffly at school). We ate lunch with Zaid at school, he ate one strawberry and took one bite of sandwich and one drink of chocolate soy milk. Later on in the day we took balloons to school for Zaid and we made beautiful cupcakes with jewel rings on them and sprinkles. Zaid had told me the previous night that he wanted the heart ring, because there was only one, so I made sure to make him a turquoise cupcake with the red heart ring on it. When we got there, Zaid was lying down on the floor asleep on his towel. His teacher said he rarely goes to sleep during rest time, this was unusual. He was so sweet lying there asleep, I took a mental picture of him and it just broke my heart when his teacher woke him up. :-) He did not want to get up, finally they got him up and he sat down, we passed out plates, napkins and cupcakes. Zaid does not take one bite of cupcake!!! I read one of Zaid's favorite books Hedgie Blasts Off! by Jan Brett to Zaid and his classmates. Zaid's teacher took a couple of pictures for us and then they all sat down in front, it was time for a story. Zaid told his teacher, how he was not feeling up for a birthday dinner tonight, then he told her how when he was 4, his favorite restaurant was Red Lobster, but now he really likes Shogun, she told him that he has good taste, if those are his favorite restaurants.

After school, we went to pick up, of all things a new kitty litter box in Bowling Green. Zaid seemed a little confused when he got in the car about the birthday dinner, he said that he was not feeling like a birthday dinner because he wanted all of his friends to come over for his party, then he was sad that he forgot to invite his teacher and he wanted to invite her. We explained to him that his party was on Saturday and all of his friends would come then for his party. He showed us his new birthday pencil and birthday sticker that he got to go the office and get. :-)

He told us thank you for his balloons (they were Scooby-Doo) that he got at school, then he told me how some little boys were throwing rocks at the balloons and how he told on him, I told him that he did the right things.

When we got to Red Lobster, Zaid noticed that there were only two lobsters in the tank and he watched them for a little while, which is his routine. :-) The hostess said that they were getting a new shipment in soon. We ordered lobster and we told Zaid that he could have it, neither one of us were extremely hungry. When they asked what he would be having, we told them the popcorn shrimp, and he immediately said "No, I am having lobster!" We had to explain, that he could have the lobster that we ordered. (He has tried to order lobster for the past eight months!!) I did have some clam chowder there, and it was really good! :-) I have my Caesar salad in the refrigerator for lunch tomorrow. We looked over Zaid's work from school and he did a worksheet, we sharpened the pencil he had gotten at school, something must have been wrong with the lead, we sharpened and sharpened, down to the end of the pencil and Zaid got a little bit of use out of it, but then it broke again and he could not use it, we trashed the pencil. He read an AR book called Meet My Monster! Zaid talked about how he wanted to watch a movie when he got home, he wanted to watch Open Season, Tamer told him that if he eats good, then he could watch it, Zaid ate about three bites of applesauce and drank four sips of Dr. Pepper. All through dinner, he did not eat anything, he just hid and cuddled with his Daddy Finally, he came over to my side of the table and I held him and read his AR book to him and he fell asleep. I carried him to the car. When we got home, he took three medicines, the Zithromax from the Urgent Care in Mississippi on Saturday, Tylenol and a cold medicine. He had a 101 degree temperature when I took his temperature. I had to pay him again to take his medicine! :-) And give him lots of water. He got his jammies on and we cuddled and watched his projector together, we watched the ocean show, it had a CD with it. He talked to his Nona for one minute, we told him good night and told him Happy Birthday, then he was fast asleep.





No comments: