Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Stopping by Woods.....




February has greeted us once again, with her cold snow and a lot of dark days. Yesterday here, it seemed bitter cold. When I walked outside, I could not stand it. I would quickly come back inside to get warm again. The dog is freezing too, normally she bolts out, as quick as lightening to leave this place (you know, we are so horrible to her, giving her food and treats and letting her sleep right beside us, petting her and playing with her all of the time :-)), but the other day, she could have run out and she jut looked out as if to say, "Nah! This game is not worth it today."
I had lunch with Zaid today and took his class some sanitizer. He is so very cute. I just wanted to bundle him up and bring him home with me. :-) They have five children out with illness today! We are praying for good health.

This is one of my favorite poems, I think I will share it with Zaid this afternoon.

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know,
His house is in the village though.
He will not see me stopping here,
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer,
To stop without a farmhouse near,
Between the woods and frozen lake,
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake,
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep,
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

---Robert Frost

No comments: