Monday, February 12, 2007

Valentines, Cross Stitch, Coffee Talks

Once upon a time ago, when Zaid was a baby I cross stitched something for my friend. I was trying to save money on Christmas presents, I bought a ton of stuff to make presents. I ended up completing one cross stitch. I had never cross stitched before, but it looked decent from the front, although the back looked like a train wreck. My friend loved it. I gave it to her and her husband for their first Christmas as a married couple. It always made me smile when I would see it on her entertainment center. Tonight, I made iron on transfers for Zaid's teachers. I found the patterns at www.janbrett.com and I iron the transfer on a pink shirt. On one of the shirts, I left the iron on too long and the pink of the shirt bled through the transfer, I feel bad about that, but there is nothing I can do about it. I hope his teachers like it!

Zaid and I made Valentines for his classmates today. I am not sure that he wants to make them, actually I know he does not because he told me as much. "This is too much! I have to make cards for EVERYONE?" I was in a terrible mood by the time we had around 5 finished, so I told him he could stop for the day. I could not handle it anymore. Trying to be so positive, I was DONE! He did make one for his Mawmaw, I told him how she had sent him a box, I think he was mostly trying to get the box, because when he finished the card, he asked where the box was. :-) The Valentines are adorable, we meleted crayons in the shape of hearts, then I cut circles from cardstock. Zaid wrote on them, "You Color My World" and signed his name. I will post a picture tomorrow. It is such a fine line, of trying to get Zaid to do something without speaking sharply to him. I promise to do better tomorrow. After dinnner, we read a sweet book about Piglet's nightlights, then we talked about how many different light sources we have. Zaid read me his AR book, it was about Ed and his sled. It was super cute too. Zaid is doing excellent on AR tests! I am so proud of my little reader. The first time I heard him read one of his little books, I remember it about a mop, Pam gets on the mop.....Mom gets on the mop......I will look for that book, I cried. I was so proud of him! I called grandparents and friends and just generally played the band for Zaid.

I went to a coffee talk tonight at my church tonight, it is always nice to get out and listen to other people. One of the things, I most took with me, well there are two things: 1. You can not give your children something that you do not have ownership up, examples: forgiveness and graciousness. 2. We have to go to Jesus in order for him to fill us with his love. Our busyness keeps us from focusing on Jesus.

No comments: